Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Let's See How This Goes

Hello! Welcome and thank you for finding your way to the blog. My name is James Smyth and I'm a 25-year-old aspiring baseball play-by-play man from Irvington, NY.

I love sports, especially baseball, and after many suggestions from friends and family, I figured now is as good a time as any to finally get into the blogging game.

My baseball experience includes little league (I peaked at age seven or eight), video games (but not since Triple Play Baseball 2001) and the broadcast booth.

I spent the summer of 2010 in the New England Collegiate Baseball League as the voice of the North Shore Navigators in Lynn, Massachusetts as the team won the league championship.

I made the jump to the minor leagues in 2011 as the #2 broadcaster for the Myrtle Beach Pelicans, the Class A-Advanced affiliate of the Texas Rangers. This June I will start my new gig as the play-by-play man for the Bluefield Blue Jays of the Appalachian League (Rookie-level).

Well that does it for the introduction. I've got one post coming right up and after that who knows. Thanks and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment